Kingswood Camps – COVID-19 statement, 18th March 2020
As we approach the Easter holidays, we would like to take this opportunity to give you information about the steps we have taken to prevent COVID-19 from affecting our camps.
We understand that the recent news and uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 situation will have caused everyone to review their travel plans. We are continually monitoring the situation, including travel restrictions and updates that may impact you. Our risk assessment is dynamic and adapting as more is learned about the virus.
Your child’s safety
Our priority is our guest’s health and safety. The starting point is the current national guidance, we continue in following advice from Public Health England and the Chief Medical Officer. We also recommend and advise parents to follow the health and travel advice of relevant authorities.
If you have a booking
Selected Kingswood Camps sites are open for Easter, and we are looking forward to welcoming your child.
We are doing everything we can to make sure your child’s stay is both exciting and safe, and have put in place additional precautions and health and hygiene systems to make sure that everyone on site is looked after as well as possible.
We have extra anti-bacterial sanitising equipment across camps and have added cleaning of items that are commonly touched, such as door handles, light switches, taps and toilet flushes. We also recommend that your child attends with their own tissues and anti-bacterial hand sanitiser, as we are operating the NHS’s “catch it, bin it, kill it” policy.
- We are making sure all staff are up to date and know our procedures – staff briefings take place every morning
- Sanitisation equipment is well stocked and used
- We are performing deep cleaning across our camps
- We have a procedure in place for isolation should anyone present with possible symptoms
- We have cover available to assist with supervision ratios should a visiting staff member fall unwell
- We are lucky enough to operate on large sites with plenty of outside space
- We’ve adapted activities to avoid physical contact
- We’re constantly evaluating the situation at all levels of the business
Simply give us a call on 01603 309 315 and we will assist with any queries you may have.
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is a rapidly changing situation from a public health perspective, we are committed to keeping you informed. We will continuously update this page with information following guidance from Public Health England.