What to pack
We recommend you pack the following for a week’s stay*:
- Jeans or trousers
- Jumpers or sweatshirts
- Long sleeved top
- Anorak or waterproof jacket
- Old shoes
- Dressing gown
- Night clothes suitable for the dormitories
- Tracksuit or similar
- Wash bag with soap, flannel, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant (non-aerosol only) and brush
- Plastic bag for dirty clothes
- A smarter outfit for the weekly disco and camp review
- Swimming things (including extra towel) for Isle of Wight, Grosvenor Hall, West Runton and Overstrand Hall (subject to availability)
If your child is attending Surf School or Watersports please also bring:
- Additional towel
- Wet socks or old trainers
- Swimming costumes
Mobile phone and camera policy
They can bring their mobile, we advise not to bring any other expensive technology. We do ask that children give us their phones for safekeeping, and we give them access to them at specific times of the day. This means that they thoroughly enjoy the adventure and aren't tied to their phones. We do ask that their phones are insured as our insurance doesn't cover them. You can always get in contact with them via email and we can organise for you to speak to them.
Please don’t bring these items
Expensive designer trainers and clothing, MP3 players, tablets, too much money, games consoles, skateboards, pen knives, lighters and matches, food (your child will get plenty at camp!), expensive cameras, stereos, aerosols (e.g deodorants, hairspray) and torches.
Lost and found
Kingswood Camps accepts no responsibility for guests’ items left on camp. When contacted, we will however, make every effort to locate lost items and return them to you subject to a postage and packaging charge.
We strongly recommend you purchase a Kingswood Camps t-shirts or camp kit whilst on camp. You might want to also include this packing list with your child’s things – we find it helps them remember what they’ve packed at the end of their stay. Please make sure all personal items are labelled with the child’s name.